The ACT Team is an evidence based service delivery model that provides intensive, highly specialized case management services for challenging to serve consumers. It is a multidisciplinary team of professionals who are mobile and function interchangeably to provide treatment, rehabilitation and support services to assist individuals to live successfully in the community.
ACT team services are highly individualized, provided outside of the office setting and are continuous and long term. The goals of the program are to:
- Prevent or reduce symptoms of behaviors that may result in the need for inpatient psychiatric or substance use services, crisis or emergency services, or legal intervention.
- Increase skills and behaviors that enhance the individual’s ability to remain stable and in the community.
- Promote mental health and substance abuse recovery through person-centered goals designed to promote hope, healing and increased self-sufficiency.
Most consumers referred to the program have special challenges including:
- Frequent inpatient hospitalizations
- High use of emergency room or crisis services
- Co-occurring substance abuse or medical issues
- Difficulty in following up on medication appointments or medication adherence.
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness because of instability.
Hours of Operation
ACT team service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
ACT team services are provided in the community at the location that best fits the preference and need of the consumer.